Knopp Biosciences LLC (“Knopp,”“we,” “us,” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website knoppbio.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. We seek to describe these policies as clearly as possible. If there is anything you do not understand, please email us at [email protected]. If you do not agree with these policies, please discontinue use of the Website immediately.
Where Does this Policy Apply?
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Knopp.
It does not apply to information collected from:
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, other information collected about you or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and web beacons.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to receive information from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or other purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up our website.
- Deliver better, more organized content.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Knopp, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Log and Usage Data. Information is automatically collected about website performance, server performace, page usage, contact form submissions, system activity, error records, IP addresses, hardware settings, browser types, and other information that may help us build a better user experience.
How to Control and Delete Cookies
Cookies can be controlled, blocked or restricted through your web browser settings. Information on how to do this can be found within the Help section of your browser. All cookies are browser specific. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices to access websites, you will need to manage your cookie preferences across these environments.
If you are using a mobile device to access the Website, you will need to refer to your instruction manual or other help/settings resource to find out how you can control cookies on your device.
Please note: If you restrict, disable or block any or all cookies from your web browser or mobile or other device, the Website may not operate properly, and you may not have access to all the functionality of the Website. Knopp shall not be liable for any impossibility to use the Website, or degraded functioning thereof, where such are caused by your settings and choices regarding cookies.
To learn more about cookies and web beacons, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies Set by Third Party Sites
To enhance our content and to deliver a better online experience for our users, we sometimes embed images and videos from other websites on the Website. We currently use, and may in future use content from websites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. You may be presented with cookies from these third-party websites. Please note that we do not control these cookies. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the third parties’ own privacy statements or policies. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties, using cookies or other means. You should consult and review the relevant third-party privacy statement or policy for information on how these cookies are used and how you can control them.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including Knopp, do not respond to DNT signals.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To send you marketing and promotional information.
- Deliver targeted advertising.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you have provided us with your contact information, we may, subject to any applicable anti-spam laws or regulations, contact you via e-mail, postal mail or telephone about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you, including our newsletter.
E-mail communications you receive from us will generally provide an unsubscribe link allowing you to opt-out of receiving future e-mail or to change your contact preferences. E-mail communications may also include a link to directly update and manage your marketing preferences. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Knopp Biosciences LLC’s assets or business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Knopp Biosciences LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Knopp Biosciences LLC or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Knopp. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Knopp to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by leaving the opt-in box unchecked on the contact form. You may also send us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by opting out of Google’s targeted advertising by clicking here: support.google.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Access to personal data: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to request access to your personal data. In these cases, we will comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
Correction and deletion: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal data. Please note that such a request could be refused because your personal data is required to provide you with the products or services you requested, e.g. to deliver a product or send an invoice to your email address, or that it is required by the applicable law. You may email us at [email protected]. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California “Shine the Light” Law
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: Knopp Biosciences LLC, Attn.: Website Administrator, 2100 Wharton Street, Ste. 615, Pittsburgh, PA 15203.
Data Security and Retention
We have implemented certain technical and security commitments to keep your personal information safe and secure. However, with the internet and technology constantly changing and evolving, there is no way to guarantee that your information will be 100% safe. Further, the transmission of information via the internet is not secure. By using this Website, you agree that you are using the Website and transmitting personal information at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment to limit threats.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other business purposes, including but limited to complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. We are required by law to keep some types of information for certain periods of time (e.g. statute of limitations).
We Do Not Collect Data from Individuals under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected].